- Surfaces with a roughness of Rz < 1 µm are produced quickly
- Long lifetime for wear parts
- Chipless and quiet process
- Wear parts can be exchanged quickly
- Barely any lubricant / cooling required
- Can be used on almost every machine
- Stepless adjustment of roller force
- Roller force can be determined easily
WENAROLL ERGW burnishing tools are designed for processing cylindrical shafts, plane surfaces, as well as spherical and tapered work pieces. We offer these tools in different variations ERGW-5, ERGW-8, ERGW-14, whereby the digit at the end indicates the roller diameter.
We recommend the tools for the following applications:
- ERGW-5: process diameter Ø10 – Ø80
- ERGW-8: process diameter Ø12 – Ø200
- ERGW-14: process diameter Ø30 – Ø5.000
The Wenaroll Single Roller Burnishing Tools type ERGW consist of a tool body with a detachable roller mount, as well as a tool shank suited for your application.
The tool has a site mounted dial indicator, which displays the spring deflection. With the provided chart you can adjust the roller force to produce the surface you need.
Each tool can be order with a different roller mounting (type 1-4), which enables you to process lateral surfaces as well as front surfaces.
- Version 1: lateral surface right to left
- Version 2: front surface on the left
- Version 3: lateral surface left to right
- Version 4: front surface on the right
All metal materials up to a yield strength of 1400 N/mm² and a maximum hardness of 45 HRC can be process with this tool. During the process the work piece must rotate, a tool rotation is not possible.
Operation is possible on all kinds of production machines conventional as well as CNC. The force required for a successful burnishing operation is provided by the machine axis and is precisely adjusted with an indicator dial.
The lubrication required can be provided by the machine, with either oil or emulsion as lubricant. The circumferential speed of the tools can go up to 80 / 100 / 150 (200) m/min , the feed can vary between 0,1 mm/R and 1 mm/R.